Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Pork Chops and Mushrooms

The ides of March...

We don't really eat much pork in this family but I bought some to try out these recipes. Tonight's meal was Pork Chops and Mushrooms on pg 103*. This recipe actually turned out great! The only thing I changed was the amount of time I cooked it. It called for 6-8 hours on low and I cooked it for 3 hours on low. The pork chops came out great! I give this recipe a 4

Ingredients

4 boneless pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
2 medium onions, sliced
1 can (4 oz) sliced mushrooms, drained
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
1/2 cup water
1 can (10 3/4 oz) cream of mushroom soup, condensed

Directions

Place meat in greased slow cooker. Top with onions and mushrooms. In a separate bowl, combine soup mix, water, and soup. Pour over mushrooms and pork chops. cover and cook on low heat 6-8 hours. Makes 4 servings.







*see first post for cook book name

No comments: