Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Family Favorite Brisket

Last night I made brisket for the first time. The recipe is found on page 61*. This was also the first time I did a rub into meat of any kind. Let me tell you cutting off all that fat and then rubbing spices into meat isn't my favorite past time but, man it really did taste good. My sister even liked it and ate 3 pieces when she doesn't really eat a ton of meat. So I give this recipe a 5!

Ingredients

4 lbs fresh beef brisket
1 tsp salt
2 tsp dry mustard
2 tsp paprika
1/2 to 1 tsp garlic powder
pepper to taste

Directions

Trim all excess fat from meat. Combine seasonings until well blended;
rub into brisket. Place meat in greased slow cooker, with the side that
had more fat on top, cutting to fit if necessary. Cover and cook on low
heat for 10-12 hours. Remove meat from liquid and cut across grain into
thin slices. Makes 4-6 servings.



*see first post for recipe citation information.

No comments: