Thursday, March 09, 2006

Easy Flank Steak

Well tonight we had Flank Steak on pg 58*. It actually turned out really good! You could probably use this same recipe with chicken too. I just used a regular round cut steak (even though she call for flank steak). I don't really even know what that is. The other thing is I shortened the time for cooking. The recipe calls for 1 1/2 lbs of the steak and I think mine was only 1lb. But the recipe called for cooking it on low for 8-10 hours.....so I put it on low and at 2 1/2 hours it was basically done so I put it on warm for another 30 minutes and then we ate it..... It was completely done and very tender! I give this recipe a 4!

Ingredients

1 1/2 lbs flank steak, cut to fit in
slow cooker

1/3 cup water
1 can (4 oz) chopped green chiles, with liquid
2 Tbsp vinegar
1 1/4 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Directions

Place meat in greased slow cooker. Combine other
ingredients and sprinkle over the top of meat. Cover and cook on low heat
8-10 hours. Makes 4-6 servings.






*see first post for cookbook name

No comments: