Sunday, February 05, 2006

Devils food cake....



Well tonight I made the Italian Chicken and Mushrooms again, this time I actually had mushrooms. It's my sister's birthday so I thought I'd make dinner for her. I was going to make one of the cake recipes in the cookbook but I used the crock pot for dinner so I just made a Devils Food cake but with some modifications.....I added some chocolate chips and a can of cherry pie filling. When you add pie filling to a cake mix, you should mix it by hand so that the pieces don't get chopped to bits. That way you have full cherries inside the cake. I took turns with each hand mixing 100 beats so that my right arm muscles don't get bigger than my left. :) Then I iced it with cream cheese frosting (not frosting I made thank goodness but from a cannister) :) We'll see how she likes it.

No comments: