Friday, January 20, 2006

Tri Tip Roast

I had to use this recipe (found on page 62) for Tri Tip roast because that cut of meat is my favorite. If you've ever had a tri tip steak, it's one of the juciest and most tender steaks you'll have. That is, if you don't over cook it. So the tri tip roast is just a bigger cut of that meat. This was a great recipe, the only thing I changed was I only cooked it for 3 1/2 hours instead of 4-5 since I'm using a 5 qt. crock pot and most of her recipes call for too much time cooking. Great recipe! I just added mashed potatoes and some vegetables on the side and there you have it. Oh and of course I dipped it in some Famous Dave's barbeque sauce. Now that's good barbeque sauce. If you've never been to a Famous Dave's steak house, you really need to go! The best!

I give this recipe a 5 I just love this cut of meat!

Ingredients

3-4 lb Tri-Tip Roast
1 can (10 3/4 oz) cream of celery soup, condensed
1 can (10 3/4 oz) cream of mushroom soup, condensed
1 can (14 oz) beef broth
salt and pepper to taste

Directions

Salt and pepper the roast. Place in greased slow cooker. Mix
soups and broth and pour over roast. Cover and cook on high heat 4-6 hours
or low heat 8-10 hours. Makes 4-6 servings.

No comments: