Wednesday, January 11, 2006

First recipe post

Ok here goes for my first blog entry ever.... I decided to start this space because of 2 books. One my sister gave me for Christmas : "101 Things to do with a Slow Cooker" by Stephanie Ashcraft and Janet Eyring and the other was "Julie and Julia" by Julie Powell. If you don't know anything about the 2nd book, it's about Julie who decides to make every recipe that Julia Child made in the coobook Mastering the Art of French Cooking. So since I'm trying to master the art of Crock Pot cooking I thought it might be interesting to jot down my adventures here. It's a 5 quart crock pot, if anyone cares. It might be a yawn but it's more for me so that I know what recipes I've used and how they turned out.

So I'm a stay at home mom for the first time and I love it! But that also means I'm the one who does most of the cooking so I wanted to do something different than macaroni and cheese and pizza ordered out. I'm glad my sister gave me the slow cooker book, it gives me something new to try. Oh and I chose the background to my MSN space because it reminds me of driving in Pennsylvania in the fall and fall happens to be my favorite time of the year. And it's true when you're a stay at home mom, little things DO bring you great joy! Like this little cookbook. Now onto my first recipe!

No comments: