Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Cherry Biscuit Cobbler

Now onto the 2nd recipe....this is a Cherry Biscuit Cobbler on pg 119...now how many people actually knew they could make a dessert in their crock pot? I didn't....but one of my favorite things is cherry pie filling. I could eat that stuff right out of the can, it's so good (and don't think I haven't) and that's what this dessert called for so I definitely wanted to make it.

So after the 2 1/2 hours went by I looked at my Cherry Biscuit Cobbler and was less than pleased to see that one side of it had burned. Now I followed this recipe to a T as well and part of it burned. Are you kidding me?! Who wants some burned dessert? Not me! I was able to salvage most of it and it was actually pretty good, might have been better if I'd had some vanilla ice cream or something. But because it burned I wasn't too happy. I guess don't cook it for 2 1/2 hours and maybe it won't burn on one side. I'll try that next time. Well my husband gobbled it down anyway and I've since cleaned out the burned crap out of my crock pot. Onto recipe number 3....I give this recipe a 4 only because the non burnt part tasted pretty good.

Ingredients

2 packages (8oz each) refrigerator biscuits, seperated and quartered
1 can (21 oz) cherry pie filling
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup melted butter or margarine

Directions

Mix together brown sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter in a small bowl. Mixture will be lumpy. Grease a 3 1/2 to 5 qt slow cooker, then layer 1 package bisuits, half the cinnamon and sugar mixture, and then half the pie filling. Add the 2nd package of biscuits; cover with the remaining half of the cinnamon and sugar mixture and top with the remaining half of the pie filling. Cover and cook on high heat 2 1/2- 3 hours, or until biscuits are done in the center.
Makes 6-8 servings.

No comments: