Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Easy Taco Soup

Tonights recipe was Easy Taco Soup on pg 43. It actually was really easy. And it turned out great! I served it with quesadillas and put sour cream on the soup and it was great! I used salsa instead of the tomato soup it called for (cause I was all out) and I think it was better this way (even though I haven't had it the other way). The recipe said to cook on low for 6-8 hours ok it was 1pm when I decided to make it who wants to eat at 7 at night? Yeah right, so I cooked it on high for 3 hours and stirred every hour so it wouldn't stick (I forgot to grease the crock pot).

Did you know you're supposed to grease a crock pot? I'd never even heard of that before. But it works wonders with clean up. So I thought the soup was going to stick if I didn't stir it since I forgot to grease it. It turned out just fine. My husband wants to have people over for dinner now because I keep making good food and that's only from 2 recipes!

I give this recipe a 5 I will make this one again!

Ingredients

1 can (15 oz) chili with beans and meat
1 can (15 oz) whole kernel corn, with liquid
1 can (14 1/2 oz) diced tomatoes, with liquid
1 can (8oz) tomato sauce (I used salsa)
1 can (15 oz) black beans, with liquid
1 1/2 to 3 Tbsp dry taco seasoning mix

Directions

Combine all ingredients in a greased slow cooker. cover and cook on low heat 6-8 hours. Makes 4-6 servings.

No comments: