Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Lasagna

Ok so tonight was Lasagna! Did you know you could make lasagna in a crock pot? I didn't. It's on pg 56 and it turned out pretty good and I have to say I liked that I didn't have to cook the noodles. The only change I made to this one was that I cooked it on low for 3.5 hours instead of 4-5 like she said. I could tell it wanted to burn....but I wouldn't let it. So it actually turned out nice! I give this recipe a 4 ....it wasn't holy crap this is the best thing in the world, but believe me it was good.

Now what to make tomorrow?

Ingredients

12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
1 lb ground beef, browned and drained
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 jar (28 oz) spaghetti sauce
1/4 cup water
1 carton (16 oz) cottage cheese
2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated

Directions

Break noodles in half. Place half of the noodles in bottom of greased
slow cooker. Stir Italian seasoning into meat and spread half over the
noodles already in slow cooker. Then layer half of the sauce and water,
half of the cottage cheese, and half of the mozzarella cheese over beef.
Repeat layers. Cover and cook on low heat 3.5-4 hours. Do not cook
more than 5 hours. Makes 6-8 servings.

No comments: