Monday, January 30, 2006

Favorite Barbecue Chicken?

Well over the weekend I played with the Favorite Barbecue Chicken recipe. It's on page 73. Instead of using chicken I used a tri tip roast (2 to be exact). We had people over for dinner. So I figure this recipe can really be used with any type/cut of meat. It's really easy: meat and a bottle of BBQ sauce and then cook for 4 hours. Simple.....the only drawback....it had a BBQ taste just a generic one, it didn't really taste like the good BBQ sauce that I used so my advice just get some plain old BBQ sauce for the recipe and then dip it in the good BBQ sauce after it's done. I give this recipe a 4 because it's pretty versatile with the meat you can use.

Ingredients

4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 bottle (16 oz) barbecue sauce

Directions

Put chicken in greased slow cooker. Pour favorite barbecue sauce over the top.
Cover and cook on high heat 4-6 hours or on low heat 8-10 hours. Makes 4-6
servings.

No comments: