Friday, January 19, 2007

Enchilada Stack

This recipe was also from our ward's cookbook. The first time I ate it (right after I made it) it was like eating homemade hamburger helper...not bad and definitely didn't taste like it came from a box. The 2nd time I ate it (leftovers) it was much more spicy than I remember...which is great since I like spicy foods but that explained why Aiden kept whining and sticking his tongue out when he ate it! I give this recipe a 4.5!

1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
Salt and Pepper
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 (6oz) can enchilada sauce
1/2 small bottle taco sauce (I used a cup of salsa instead)
1 can copped green chiles
1pkg. corn tortillas (I used flour tortillas)
1lb grated Longhorn or Mild Cheddar cheese

Brown the ground beef and onion in a skillet. Salt and pepper to taste. Add soups, enchilada sauce, taco sauce, and chopped green chiles. Mix thoroughly and heat through. Cut tortillas in fourths. Oil a 9x13 baking dish (I used cooking spray) and place a layer of tortillas, cheese, and meat mix; continue until all but 1/4 of the cheese is gone. Should make 3 layers. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Sprinkle top with remaining cheese. Bake 15 minutes longer, until bubbly. --Jamille Sanford

No comments: