Friday, September 01, 2006

Cheesy Green Chile Twists


I've been on vacation and therefore haven't been cooking and tonight I didn't make dinner either. I thought I was going to be making dinner but Tim's brother stopped by with his family and they wanted to go out to eat (I'm not complaining) but I had already started part of the dinner so I had to make it anyway....and here it is. It comes from the Rhodes Rolls recipes that I get in my email from time to time. They turned out really well even though we only "tasted" them since we were going out to eat....I guess we'll eat them tomorrow. The only problem I had was rolling them out in the 18X12 rectangles they wanted...who knows what size the rectangles I rolled out were so I didn't end up making 12 twists but more like 8 and then I cut them in half because they were so big after they baked. But really...they tasted really good. Any recipe that has green chiles is "usually" good. I give this recipe a 4.5


Ingredients

24 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed and risen
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 cans diced green chilies, drained
grated Parmesan cheese

Directions

Combine 12 rolls together and roll into an 18x12-inch rectangle. Repeat with remaining 12 rolls. Brush both dough rectangles with butter. Combine cheese and green chilies and sprinkle over one dough rectangle. Top with remaining dough rectangle, butter side down. Cut into twelve 1 1/2-inch strips. Twist each strip several times. Place at least one inch apart on large sprayed baking sheets. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and let rise 30 minutes. Bake at 350°F 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.

No comments: