Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Chicken Fingers with Honey Mustard

I know it's been a while since I've posted a recipe...that's either because I barely cooked during the week or what I made wasn't good enough to be posted....or it was a repeat. But tonight I made a recipe from the Easy Everyday Cooking recipe cards. Apparently this is an appetizer but I made it as a dinner with salads and fruit. It turned out great and we had no left overs! I give this recipe a 5!


Ingredients

4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (I used 2)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper (I used Mrs. Dash's Southwest Chipotle seasoning)
3/4 cup milk
1 cup vegetable oil for frying ( I used enova oil)

HONEY MUSTARD
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup dijon mustard

1. Cut chicken into 1/2 X 2 inch strips. For honey mustard sauce, blend honey and mustard in a small bowl. Set aside.

2. Mix flour, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl. Dip chicken in milk. Roll in flour mixture to coat well. Place chicken on waxed paper (I just put them directly into the pan of oil)

3. Pour 1/4 inch of oil into a large heavy skillet. Heat over medium-high heat to 350F or until a cube of white bread dropped in oil browns evenly in 1 minute.

4. Divide chicken into batches. Place chicken in an even layer in hot oil. Fry, turning once, for about 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crisp. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sauce.

1 comment:

Beth schell said...

I used your recipe for dinner last night. I've never made anything fried before and never battered/breaded anything. Luckily Reid was experienced and helped show me how. It was really fun. I think next time I'll add more spices to the batter. Thanks!