Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Easy Lasagna



Tonight's recipe came from the kitchen of Lucinda Hopkins. She gave a little class about "Budget meals made fun and simple" and this was one of the recipes from the class. I have to say it was pretty easy to make, you didn't even have to cook the noodles first. The directions were a little sketchy so I improvised and it turned out pretty great. I give this recipe a 4.5


Ingredients


1 pkg. lasagna noodles
spaghetti sauce (here's part of the sketchyness...how much? maybe a cup or two)
cottage cheese (again I guessed it was about a 16 oz package of it)
shredded cheese (however much you want to use)
1 lb. hamburger
onion (I cut up almost a whole medium sized onion for this)
1 Tbsp. parsley flakes
2 eggs


Directions


Brown hamburger with onion. Salt and pepper to taste. Mix cottage cheese with 2 eggs and parsley. In 9X13 pan, put a little spaghetti sauce in the bottom, then 1 layer of noddles (uncooked), then the cottage cheese mixture, then hamburger, spaghetti sauce again and cheese. Repeat. Put 1/4 cup of water in the pan--cook covered for 1 1/2 hours. (now here she didn't say what temperature so I just guessed at 350F and I only cooked it for 1 hour 15 minutes and it turned out just fine).

No comments: