Sunday, January 30, 2011

7-up Biscuits

So tonight I made Chicken and Gnocchi soup like you would get at Olive Garden (it's the boys' favorite) and I made these 7-up Biscuits to go with it.  Remember how I said in the last post that I wasn't very good at making bread type things?  Well this was no exception.  I got this recipe from Mylitter.com and it seemed so simple so I had to try it.  Well I made 2 separate batches the other night and the dough just didn't rise!  They were hard as rocks!  I couldn't understand what I had done wrong!  Then I looked at my Bisquick package and it was expired!!!  I mean 2009 expired!  You can tell we don't use Bisquick that much around here!  Well tonight I decided to try it again with not so expired Bisquick (only a few months past the date) and they turned out pretty good!  They taste like the biscuits you would get at KFC or Popeye's!  They didn't rise as much as they should though so maybe I should buy some new bisquick.  So give it a try!  I give this recipe a 4.5PS:  If you want you can "follow" this blog (over on the right) so when you log into your blogger dashboard you can see when I post a new recipe!
Ingredients
2 cups Bisquick
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup 7-up
1/4 cup melted butter
Directions
1. Cut sour cream into biscuit mix, add 7-Up. Makes a very soft dough.

2. Sprinkle additional biscuit mix on board or table and pat dough out. Melt 1/4 cup butter in a 9 inch square pan. Place cut biscuits in pan and bake at 450 degrees until golden brown.

2 comments:

carol chandler said...

Hi Julia,
It sure sounds good!!! You are so great at trying so many new recipes! Have a great week!

Unknown said...

I find this dough extremely tacky and hard to work with