Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Best Banana Bread Recipe!


Ok guys I am really no good at making anything that resembles bread so when I first looked at this banana bread recipe I thought, oh I'll just ruin it if I try. But I tried it out and it was awesome! It can't be wrecked! I always have those few bananas that nobody ate in time so they just turn to mush, now I have something to do with them and they won't go to waste! This recipe came from our Provo ward's recipe book c/o Jessica Mathews! It rocks! It makes 2 loaves. I give this recipe a 5!


Ingredients

1/2 cup margarine
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs, beaten
3 medium RIPE bananas, mashed
2 Cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup sour cream

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour 2 loaf pans. Cream the margarine and sugar
together. Then add eggs and bananas. Mix well.

2. Sift flour, baking soda, and salt together and add to mixture. Then add vanilla
(and any other mixins like nuts, chocolate chips, etc.) Fold in sour cream.

3. Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes or until toothpic comes out clean.

Bakers note:

The bananas make the difference between good banana bread and REALLY good banana bread. When the banana gets to the point that it is so brown I wouldn't think of eating it, I put them in the freezer and just thaw them out on a plate on the counter when I need them. When they are thawed out they will be a soup, slimy mess. They are perfect! Always have a freezer full of bananas!

THANKS JESSICA!!!

No comments: