Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Enchilada Chicken Soup

This was such a great, quick and easy recipe!  I was very surprised that it turned out great.  Our family loves soup and we love mexican so this is a great blend!  I would give this a 4.5!  The only thing I changed was that I didn't use canned chicken...I'm not a huge fan of that.  So if I were you, I'd use shredded chicken breast instead of the canned.  But that's just me!

Ingredients


  • 1 can (11 ounces) condensed fiesta nacho cheese soup, undiluted



  • 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted (98% fat free kind)



  • 2-2/3 cups whole milk (I would use a lesser milk fat)



  • 1 can (10 ounces) chunk white chicken, drained (again use shredded chicken breast instead)



  • 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce


  • 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies


  • Sour cream
    Directions

    In a large saucepan, combine the soups, milk, chicken, enchilada sauce and chilies. Cook until heated through. Serve with sour cream. Yield: 7 servings
  • 2 comments:

    Beth schell said...

    Enchilada soup sounds good, but the fat content from the ingredient list just made my arteries quiver!

    carol chandler said...

    That looks so yummy!!!!! You have the best recipes!!!!!