Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Chicken Enchiladas

Tonight I'm giving out the best recipe in the world for chicken enchiladas. This recipe actually comes from the kitchen of my mother so no links to this one. I'm sure her mother used it as well so it's been going through the generations. Now I'm not being biased because it's my mom's recipe. These actually are the best chicken enchiladas you'll ever have! So of course I give this recipe a 5!

Ingredients

2 cans of cream of chicken soup
2 cups of diced chicken or turkey
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup diced green chiles (4oz can) not drained
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups grated cheese
1/2 cup chopped onions
tortillas (about 10 if you squeeze them in)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Combine soup, chicken, sour cream, chiles, and salt. (my variation: leave the chicken separate)

2. Combine cheese and onion.

3. Use a 9x13 baking dish to put enchiladas in. Put cheese mixture in the center of tortillas and roll them up. (my variation: also add chicken to center of tortillas). Line up the tortillas in the dish this is where, if you squeeze them in, you can fit 10 in the dish.

4. Pour soup mixture over the top of the rolled up tortillas. (my variation: if there is any chicken left over I then add it to the soup mixture)

(my variation: top with shredded cheese)

5. Cover dish with foil and bake for 25 minutes.

No comments: