Thursday, May 03, 2012

Follow Up Food Storage Taste Test

So I received my 2nd sample from Daily Bread.  They were very nice about it and had no problem sending me another sample.  This time they sent me Chicken a la King.

I followed the instructions exactly as it said on the bag again, adding 1 cup boiling water to the package and resealing it and then I let it sit for about 10 minutes.

Here's what it looked like this time when I opened it:

To me this looked much better than the watery lasagna from my last post.  Now onto how it tasted since that's what really matters!






Here's how it looked in a bowl out of the package (keep in my you can eat it straight from the package for convenience).

As you can see there are red and green things in it (vegetables) but to a kid (namely my kids) that's a deal breaker!  The kids liked the noodles but said they didn't like it overall because it had red and green things in it :)

My husband and I on the other hand really liked it!  I didn't feel like I needed to add salt to it like the lasagna and the chicken tasted great after it reconstituted.  I liked the noodles, the sauce and the vegetables in it.  So after this 2nd round of taste test I would definitely buy more from Daily Bread but maybe just not the lasagna.

Have you tried any of the food from these companies or any others?  Let me know what you like!

No comments: