Thursday, June 01, 2006

Rosemary Pork Roast


Today's recipe came from Allrecipes.com. I was looking through our junk mail fliers and actually looked at the grocery ads. I saw that Smith's has pork loin on sale for 1.69/lb. Which is pretty good since the other ad was for Albertson's and their pork loin was on sale for 2.99/lb. I have never made pork loin before so I thought this would be a good time to try it. So I ran to Smith's bought their smallest pork loin which was 8 lbs and came home and cut it into 4 pieces to freeze, because come on there's only me and Tim and there's no way we're eating 8lbs of pork loin in one sitting. This recipe came out great! The pork was really tender. I baked it on a broiler pan and didn't have to touch it while it cooked. I give this recipe a 5! PS. on Allrecipes.com you can change the amount of servings you want to make and it will calculate the recipe out for you. Very handy. This recipe is for 6 servings.


INGREDIENTS:
3 pounds pork tenderloin
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons dried rosemary

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Rub the roast OR tenderloin liberally with olive oil, then spread the garlic over it. Place it in a 10x15 inch roasting pan and sprinkle with the rosemary. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 2 hours, or until the internal temperature of the pork reaches 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).

No comments: