Thursday, April 13, 2006

Easy Feta Chicken Bake


Tonight's menu again came from the Kraft Food and Family magazine Winter 2006 issue. This recipe was basically part of an ad for Athenos Feta cheese so I'm not sure if it will be on the Kraft website or not. It was amazing! So much flavor on chicken! I definitely give this recipe a 5!

Prep: 10 min Total: 50 min.

6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (I just used 4 chicken breasts)
2 Tbsp. lemon juice, divided
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 cup (4 oz) Crumbled Feta cheese
1/4 cup finely chopped red pepper
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley (I just used dried)

Preheat oven to 350 F.
Arrange chicken in a 13x9-inch baking dish (I used 9x9 dish since I only used 4 pieces of chicken).

Drizzle with 1 Tbsp. of the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Top with feta cheese; drizzle with remaining 1 Tbsp. lemon juice.

Bake 35-40 min. or until chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle with red pepper and parsley.

Makes 6 servings.


I actually didn't read the last part of the directions closely so I actually cooked the chicken with the red pepper and parsley already on it and it turned out great!

No comments: