Thursday, June 03, 2010

Ham and Asparagus Chowder


This looked so good in the book and I love asparagus so I had to try it. I found it in my Pillsbury Annual Recipes 2008 cookbook. It turned out nice and thick with great flavor. It's been awhile since I made it so I can't remember what I did differently to it. I probably sprinkled cheese on top to serve it. I give this recipe a 5!


Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups cubed unpeeled red potatoes
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 cups cut asparagus
1 1/2 cups cubed cooked ham
1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup milk
pepper to taste
(cheese to top)

Directions:

In a saucepan, heat potatoes and water to boiling. Reduce heat to
medium. Cover; cook about 5 minutes or until potatoes are
crisp-tender.

Add asparagus and ham. Cover; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until thoroughly
heated. Stir in soup and milk. Heat to boiling over high heat,
stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with pepper (and cheese) before
serving.

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Mmmmmmm. I want this! I love asparagus too.

I vote you make this for the next dinner exchange!