Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Philadelphia Cherry Danish Dessert


Coming to you live from the Kraft Food and Family Magazine, holiday 2005 issue...are you catching the trend? I love this magazine! And did I mention it's free! I love that part too. So yesterday I decided to make a dessert....now can that really help my waistline? I think not but did it taste good? You better believe it! I mean who doesn't love dessert and you all know how much I LOVE cherry pie filling! I give this recipe a 5!


2 cans (8 oz. each) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls, divided
2 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1-1/2 cups powdered sugar, divided
1 egg white
1 tsp. vanilla
1 can (20 oz.) cherry pie filling
3 Tbsp. milk


PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Unroll 1 of the cans of crescent dough into 2 long rectangles. Place in greased 13x9-inch baking pan; press onto bottom of pan to form crust, firmly pressing seams together to seal.


BEAT cream cheese, 3/4 cup of the sugar, the egg white and vanilla with electric
mixer on medium speed until well blended. Spread onto crust; cover with pie filling. Unroll remaining can of crescent dough; separate into 2 long rectangles. Pat out to form 13x9-inch rectangle, pressing seams together to seal. Place over pie filling to form top crust.


BAKE 25 to 30 min. or until golden brown; cool slightly. Gradually add milk to remaining 3/4 cup sugar, beating with wire whisk until well blended. Drizzle over warm dessert. Cut into 24 rectangles to serve. Store leftover dessert in refrigerator.

No comments: